The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. “Global Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market: Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Analysis, 2022 – 2030. The global demand for Water based barrier coatings was valued at USD 5.8 Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 8.895305032 Billion in 2030, growing at a CAGR of 6.30% between 2023 and 2030.
Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market is a segment within the coatings and packaging industry dedicated to the development and production of coatings that provide effective barriers against moisture, gases, and other environmental factors. These coatings are water-based, which means they use water as the primary solvent instead of traditional volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Water-based barrier coatings are widely used in various packaging applications, including food and beverage packaging, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and industrial packaging.
They are designed to protect products from moisture, oxygen, light, and other contaminants, thereby extending the shelf life and preserving the quality of packaged goods. In addition to their protective properties, these coatings are environmentally friendly, as they have lower VOC emissions and are less harmful to human health. As sustainability and eco-consciousness continue to grow, the Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market is poised for further expansion, offering solutions that combine performance with environmental responsibility.
The Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market faces several significant challenges that impact its growth and development. These challenges stem from industry dynamics, regulatory requirements, technological advancements, and environmental concerns.
Here are some of the major challenges faced by the market:
- Performance vs. Sustainability Balance: Striking the right balance between delivering high-performance barrier coatings and meeting sustainability goals can be challenging. There’s a need for coatings that provide effective protection while minimizing environmental impact.
- Cost Competitiveness: Water-based barrier coatings often have a higher upfront cost compared to traditional solvent-based coatings. Overcoming price competitiveness challenges while offering eco-friendly solutions is a hurdle for market growth.
- Barrier Effectiveness: Ensuring that water-based barrier coatings effectively protect products from moisture, oxygen, and other contaminants at levels required for various industries can be technically challenging.
- Compatibility: Coatings must be compatible with a wide range of substrates and printing inks used in packaging materials. Achieving compatibility without compromising performance is a constant concern.
Browse 245 pages report By Type (Acrylic, Polyester, Alkyd, Epoxy, Others) – Growth, Future Prospects & Competitive Analysis, 2016 – 2030) https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/water-based-barrier-coatings-market
The Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market is witnessing several key growth trends driven by evolving consumer preferences, regulatory changes, and sustainability concerns within the packaging industry. These trends reflect the industry’s response to emerging challenges and opportunities.
Here are some of the key growth trends:
Sustainability Focus: Sustainability is a dominant trend, with consumers and businesses increasingly seeking eco-friendly packaging solutions. Water-based barrier coatings are preferred for their lower environmental impact, reduced VOC emissions, and recyclability, aligning with sustainability goals.
Evolving Regulatory Landscape: Stringent regulations related to food safety, packaging materials, and environmental standards are driving the adoption of water-based barrier coatings. Manufacturers must comply with these regulations, further promoting the market’s growth.
Growing Demand in Food Packaging: Food and beverage packaging represents a major application area for water-based barrier coatings. These coatings offer effective moisture and oxygen barriers, extending the shelf life of products without compromising food safety.
Shift from Solvent-Based Coatings: There’s a notable shift away from solvent-based coatings due to environmental and health concerns. Water-based coatings are considered a safer and more sustainable alternative, leading to their increased adoption.
Customization and Versatility: Water-based barrier coatings can be tailored to meet specific packaging requirements, allowing for customization in terms of barrier properties, appearance, and printability. This versatility appeals to diverse industries.
Flexible Packaging Growth: The flexible packaging sector, including pouches and wraps, is experiencing significant growth. Water-based barrier coatings are well-suited for these applications, offering flexibility, light weight, and barrier protection.
Rise in E-commerce Packaging: The e-commerce boom is driving demand for packaging that protects products during transit. Water-based barrier coatings play a crucial role in ensuring the integrity of goods shipped through online retail channels.
Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market has witnessed various partnerships and acquisitions that reflect the industry’s efforts to expand capabilities, enter new markets, and enhance product offerings. These strategic moves are aimed at addressing the growing demand for sustainable and effective barrier coatings in the packaging sector.
- PPG Industries’ Acquisition of Dexmet Corporation: PPG Industries, a global coatings and materials company, acquired Dexmet Corporation, a manufacturer of high-performance polymer coatings and films. This acquisition aimed to strengthen PPG’s position in the protective coatings market, including water-based barrier coatings for packaging.
- AkzoNobel’s Acquisition of Mauvilac: AkzoNobel, a leading coatings and chemicals company, acquired Mauvilac, a coatings manufacturer in Mauritius. This strategic move expanded AkzoNobel’s footprint and product portfolio in the protective coatings sector, including water-based barrier coatings.
- Michelman’s Partnership with Mafic: Michelman, a manufacturer of water-based coatings, partnered with Mafic, a producer of basalt fiber products. This collaboration aimed to develop innovative, sustainable solutions for a wide range of industries, including packaging.
- Henkel’s Partnership with Ampacet: Henkel, a multinational consumer and industrial goods company, partnered with Ampacet, a provider of color and additive solutions. This partnership focused on developing advanced coatings and inks for flexible packaging applications.
- Siegwerk’s Acquisition of Ultra Inks: Siegwerk, a leading provider of printing inks, coatings, and varnishes, acquired Ultra Inks, a specialist in water-based inks. This acquisition allowed Siegwerk to expand its product portfolio and meet the growing demand for sustainable packaging solutions.
Why to Buy This Report-
- The report provides a qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of the global Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market by segments, current trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and market dynamics with the historical period from 2016-2020, the base year- 2021, and the projection period 2022-2028.
- The report includes information on the competitive landscape, such as how the market’s top competitors operate at the global, regional, and country levels.
- Major nations in each region with their import/export statistics
- The global Water-Based Barrier Coatings Market report also includes the analysis of the market at a global, regional, and country-level along with key market trends, major player analysis, market growth strategies, and key application areas.
Browse Full Report: https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/water-based-barrier-coatings-market
Related Report: https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/bare-copper-tapes-market
Related Report: https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/earthing-rods-market
About Us –
Credence Research is a viable intelligence and market research platform that provides quantitative B2B research to more than 10,000 clients worldwide and is built on the Give principle. The company is a market research and consulting firm serving governments, non-legislative associations, non-profit organizations, and various organizations worldwide. We help our clients improve their execution in a lasting way and understand their most imperative objectives. For nearly a century, we’ve built a company well-prepared for this task.
Office No 3 Second Floor, Abhilasha Bhawan, Pinto Park, Gwalior [M.P] 474005 India