The latest market report published by Credence Research Inc. is “Global Liraglutide Injection Market: Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Analysis, 2016 – 2028”. The global liraglutide injection market generated revenue of around USD 4.4 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow a CAGR of over 9.3% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2028 to reach around USD 7.5 billion in 2028.
Liraglutide Injection is a synthetic glucagon-like peptide-I receptor agonist that combines diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type II diabetes. It can be taken alone or in conjunction with another anti-diabetic medication. Liraglutide is a GLP-1 receptor agonist that works similarly to glucagon. It is classified as a GLP-1 receptor agonist and is 97% homologous to the native GLP-1 by substituting arginine for lysine at position 34. It inhibits the production of hepatic glucose, slows gastric emptying, and stimulates the release of insulin from pancreatic beta cells in response to meals. It is marketed under the brand names Victoza and Saxenda. The increasing prevalence of type 2 diabetes globally is primarily driving the growth of the liraglutide injection market. The rising prevalence of obesity among young people worldwide and the growing preference for weight-loss treatments also contribute to the market’s expansion. However, the severe side effects of liraglutide are expected to impede the market growth. Common side effects include gastroenteritis, hypoglycemia, kidney disorders (kidney failure), severe allergic reactions, gallbladder difficulties, and kidney stones.
The global liraglutide injection market is bifurcated into type, application, and geography. The global market is categorized into types I and II based on the type. Based on the application, the market is segmented into hypoglycemic, weight loss, and others. The market is geographically divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa.
North America dominated the global liraglutide injection market in 2021, owing to rising obesity awareness, rapidly increasing healthcare expenditure, an aging population, an increase in lifestyle-related diseases, and a rise in obesity and obesity-related disease incidences in the region. The advanced R&D facilities and new drug developments by key regional players are driving demand for improved and cost-effective anti-obesity drugs, propelling the growth of the North American liraglutide injection market during the forecast period.
There are several ways to give liraglutide injections. One method is to inject it directly into the fat below the skin. This is called subcutaneous injection and is usually done under the skin on the lower part of the arm. Another way to give liraglutide injections is through a vein. This is called intravenous injection and is done in a hospital setting.
Liraglutide injections are effective at reducing weight and improving blood sugar control in people with obesity or diabetes. If you are considering liraglutide injection therapy, be sure to speak with your healthcare provider about all of your options.
Why to Buy This Report –
- The report examines the global liraglutide injection market by segment, current trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and market dynamics from 2016 to 2020, with 2021 as the base year and 2022-2028 as the projected period.
- The report includes information on the competitive landscape, such as how the market’s key players perform on a global, regional, and country level.
- In-depth analysis of the global liraglutide injection market segmentation by type and application.
- The report contains comprehensive data for all factors, including CAGR, consumer purchasing trends, supply and demand, and import/export statistical data for major regional countries.
- The liraglutide injection industry report includes global, regional, and country-level market analysis, key market trends, major players analysis, market growth strategies, and key application areas.
Browse Full Report: https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/liraglutide-injection-market