The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. is “Global Encapsulated Lactic Acid Market: Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2030”. The Global Encapsulated Lactic Acid Market generated revenue of around USD 946.1 million in 2022 and is estimated to grow a CAGR of over 6.8% during the projected period from 2023 to 2030 to reach around USD 1499.46 million in 2030.
Encapsulated lactic acid is a bio-based polymer in various applications, such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and personal care products. Lactic acid bacteria ferment carbohydrates, resulting in their production. Lactic acid encapsulation enhances solubility, stability, and controlled release. Encapsulated lactic acid is a natural and biodegradable material, making it an enticing alternative to environmentally dangerous synthetic materials. The growing usage of encapsulated organic acid in various applications, greater emphasis on producing bio-based organic acid, increased dietary microencapsulated organic acid use, and rising demand from developing nations drive the global encapsulated organic acid market. Besides, increased organic acid production from renewable sources creates new opportunities in the encapsulated organic acid business. However, the high price of organic acid and unpredictable raw material prices and availability are expected to impede the growth of the encapsulated organic acid market. Furthermore, the complex manufacturing process of encapsulated lactic acid might be challenging for small and medium-sized firms.
The global encapsulated lactic acid market is bifurcated into Applications, Nature, Form, and Geography. Based on applications, the market is categorized into confectionery, dairy products, sauces & meat, and salad & dressings. The global market is segmented on nature into synthetic and organic. The market is divided into powder and liquid based on the form. The market is segmented based on geography: Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa.
North America dominated the global encapsulated lactic acid market in 2022 owing to increased consumer demand for functional food & beverage items, rising demand for clean-label products, and the growing trend of embracing healthier lifestyles. The region has a well-established food and beverage industry continually investing in R&D to develop innovative products, further fueling the market growth. Additionally, the growing use of encapsulated lactic acid in animal feed and pet food propels the regional market.
Encapsulated Lactic Acid Market current trends reveal the increasing demand for food preservation techniques and rising awareness about health benefits associated with it. Encapsulation technology has been gaining momentum in the food industry as a means of enhancing shelf life, maintaining quality, and improving sensory attributes of foods. The trend towards healthier lifestyles has also led to an upsurge in the consumption of functional foods, which contain encapsulated lactic acid as a key ingredient. In addition, there is growing interest among manufacturers to explore new applications for encapsulation technology beyond traditional food products like bakery items and confectionery products. With technological advancements and research initiatives being undertaken by market players to improve product efficiency and functionality, the encapsulated lactic acid market is poised for significant growth over the next few years.
The growth factors influencing the encapsulated lactic acid market worldwide include:
- Increasing demand for clean label and natural ingredients: As consumers become more health-conscious and demand clean label and natural products, there is a growing interest in using encapsulated lactic acid as a natural preservative and acidulant in food and beverage applications.
- Extended shelf life and improved stability: Encapsulation technology helps to protect lactic acid from degradation, moisture, and other environmental factors, thereby extending its shelf life and maintaining its stability. This property makes encapsulated lactic acid attractive for use in various food and beverage products.
- Growing food and beverage industry: The expanding food and beverage industry, driven by changing consumer preferences and the demand for convenience foods, fuels the need for innovative ingredients such as encapsulated lactic acid. It is used in a wide range of products, including dairy, bakery, beverages, processed meats, and sauces.
- Increasing awareness of food safety and quality: Encapsulated lactic acid offers antimicrobial properties that help inhibit the growth of spoilage microorganisms and foodborne pathogens, thereby improving food safety and quality. This factor drives the adoption of encapsulated lactic acid in the food industry.
- Regulatory support and restrictions on synthetic preservatives: The increasing regulatory focus on food safety and the limitations on the use of synthetic preservatives have encouraged the use of natural alternatives like encapsulated lactic acid. Regulatory support for natural and clean label ingredients further propels market growth.
- Advancements in encapsulation technology: Continuous advancements in encapsulation technologies have led to the development of more efficient and effective encapsulated lactic acid products. Improved encapsulation techniques offer enhanced protection, controlled release, and targeted delivery, expanding the application possibilities of encapsulated lactic acid.
- Health benefits associated with lactic acid: Lactic acid is known to have various health benefits, including its role as a prebiotic and its contribution to gut health. The awareness of these health benefits among consumers drives the demand for encapsulated lactic acid in functional food and dietary supplement products.
- Expansion of the pharmaceutical industry: Encapsulated lactic acid is also used in the pharmaceutical industry for its antimicrobial properties and as an excipient in drug delivery systems. The growth of the pharmaceutical sector contributes to the overall market expansion of encapsulated lactic acid.
Why to Buy This Report-
- The report gives a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the global encapsulated lactic acid market by segments, drivers, current trends, restraints, challenges, opportunities, and market dynamics with the historical period from 2018–2021, base year–2022, and forecast period 2023–2030.
- The report offers insights into the competitive landscape, including how key players in the market are operating globally, regionally, and at the country levels.
- The research includes a detailed study of the global encapsulated lactic acid market segmentation by applications, nature, and form.
- The report offers business insights into technological advancements, R&D activities, and product innovations in the global encapsulated lactic acid market.
Browse Full Report: https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/encapsulated-lactic-acid-market